November 16, 2022 − Today, Senator Jay Costa (D-Allegheny) is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2022 Gaming Economic Development Tourism Fund (GEDTF) grant recipients. These grants help ensure that municipalities, authorities, councils of government (COGs), non-profit and for-profit businesses can deliver vital economic development for present use as well as future use.
“These recipients play a crucial role in sustaining Allegheny County’s vibrant culture and community, and I am glad to entrust them with this grant funding,” said Senator Costa. “I look forward to seeing these projects come to fruition in the coming months and years, and I hope our friends and neighbors’ quality of life continues to improve.”
The recipients and their projects are as listed:
- $125,000 was awarded to Allegheny Valley North Council of Governments for Oakmont Borough Park Improvements.
- $100,000 was awarded to Allegheny Valley North Council of Governments for Verona Road Reconstruction Projects.
- $75,000 was awarded to Borough of Forest Hills for renovations and upgrades to Westinghouse Lodge Building & surrounding property including safety upgrades.
- $100,000 was awarded to Bridgeway Capital for a Sustainable Redesign of the Parking Lot at 7800 Susquehanna Street, including conduct pre-site development to expand the existing facility.
- $88,750 was awarded to Rodef Shalom Congregation for roof replacements and upgrades.
- $75,000 was awarded to Steel Rivers Council of Governments for a Community Playground Facility and New Municipal Sign.
- $200,000 was awarded to Wilkinsburg Land Bank (WLB) for their Wilkinsburg Land Bank Residential Redevelopment Plan Phase 1 Acquisition of local land.